Friday, December 19, 2014

Emotional breakfast...

As an adoptive parent, adopting a child from any circumstances is a huge leap of faith. Adopting a child from a different country is even a bigger leap of faith. 
 
Myself, I have struggled with, "Is this the right decision" for our family. We've had some negative comments by family when we told them. I don't usually care about what people think but I thought family would be supportive. Anyway, I prayed and asked God to show me that we are in the right place. Show me that this is what I am suppose to be doing and everything is going to be okay. Just needed confirmation!
 
So, sitting at breakfast, our family was doing our thing in the restaurant, just eating breakfast,minding our own business. Near the end, we were getting ready to leave and Jason said to me, " I would like to finish my coffee." I said okay and proceeded to sit and enjoy the view out the window.
 
An Asian man, maybe mid 40's approached our table, shook Jason's hand and said" Thank you for making my day with your beautiful family. My blessings." Then he walked away. 
 
I asked Jason if that was the man from the couple he was talking to in the elevator earlier. Nope, didn't have any idea who this was and have not seen him since! I burst into tears and so did Jason. This type of stuff restores your faith in humanity.
 
Confirmation is sweet and sometimes emotional. God is Good!



No comments: