Tuesday, December 16, 2014

How we are doing...

We are receiving a lot of emails asking us how we are doing. Thank you to everyone who is thinking of us!  I will tell everyone how we are doing. The things we struggle with are very little compared to what I see the other families struggle with.

Jason seems to have issues with the quality of air here. He is constantly sneezing and his nose is always running. This is very abnormal for him. He is usually a very healthy person. He also seems to struggle with body temperature, getting cold more easily. This is the same in Canada since he has lost his weight. 

Emily is really struggling with the time change. I constantly feel disoriented and dizzy and sometimes lose my balance. I don't remember feeling this way with Madisyn. I also struggle with the air quality. My asthma is really bad but has gotten better here in Beijing where smoking is not permitted in the restaurants and hotels. I know I have lost weight. Some of the pants I have are now huge. I am eating but different foods and carrying Dru is a workout. I am struggling with our guide. She has only been with SWAN travel services for 2 years and very inexperienced. She didn't show up at the airport when we arrived from Jiangsu but sent someone else. Monday, on our tour to the The Great Wall, we ended up stopping at the Jade Factory but she didn't tell us we were stopping there. Of course, none of us had enough cash to buy anything. I was MAD. She is kind of like our guide in Hohhot: good with paperwork, but that's about it. I am struggling with unfamiliar surroundings and missing home a little. 

Madisyn, she had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to Dru. I was totally expecting this! They were giggling one night in bed together. Getting each other going and I could see a bond starting. After that night, I was being asked if she could help feed him. She plays with him and gives him good night kisses. It's the cutest thing ever. She to is really struggling with the air quality and her asthma is not good. She sounds so congested and has a very wet cough. She is struggling with some of the smells here. The other family's daughter is about her age, so they play well together, even though they cannot communicate with words. Overall, she is doing very well.

Dru is doing okay. He did a lot of grieving, which was happening when he was sleeping. He was crying out and pulling on the blankets and rubbing his head. He is still doing this but a lot less. Last night, he was doing it and calling for mama. This really breaks my heart. He is doing well in our family. He loves to copy his older sister. He loves food. He loves playing outside and his toy cars. He likes both me and Jason and will go with either one of us. He goes to sleep soon after he drinks his bottle at night and sleeps until 6am. He is doing better than I expected.

Overall, we are adjusting to being a family of 4 really well. I have been asked if we will adopt a third, and the answer is NO! Unless I win the lottery and win big and I don't ever have to work. Will I return to China...absolutely! This is my kids homeland and they need to be proud, just as I am of Canada. 

We are anxiously waiting to get the plane ride and come home. Please pray for us...Dru does not do will being confined to small spaces and screams. He did this on the plane ride from Nanjing to Beijing. I think meds will be administered before take off...lol

see everyone soon
Em



No comments: