Saturday, December 6, 2014

Nanjing

Our flight to Nanjing was delayed by 45 minutes for 2 reasons. First, because we waited for four passengers that never appeared and second, because we sat on the runway for 30 minutes waiting for the line of airplanes in front of us to take off. It was like a traffic jam on the runway. Never seen that before.

One thing I did forget about China is all snorting...wow, that is unreal.

It only took us an hour and a half to get to Nanjing! I wanted to take some pictures of the landscape, but the smog was so heavy. I feel it burning my eyes and it looks and smells like there is a fire somewhere.

Again, Madisyn did wonderful on the flight. She never ceases to amaze me, that's for sure.

So our guide, Michael, met us at the airport and transferred us to the hotel, exchanged all of our money, took us to grab some wonton soup, and we are now sitting in our room.

Tomorrow, we leave our hotel around 1:45 to go to the civil affairs office to finally meet Dru. Michael has told us a little about his orphanage. He said it's a small orphanage and the orphanages in this province tend to care for the children a wee bit better, because of it's wealth. Michael said this also explains why Dru has both of his surgeries done and that they were done quickly.

Then Michael is going to take us to get anything we need or want.

I feel like I am drunk, especially when I am trying to walk. Five hours of sleep in the last 48 hours is not cutting it. I will post pictures tomorrow of us as a family for 4.

This picture is of me getting fish crackers for Madisyn at 4 am this morning.


Goodnight
Em

No comments: