Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Zhangjiagang Children's Welfare Institute

Where do I begin with this post....

I was very nervous about taking my already hurting heart to an orphanage where I know there are special needs children. When we arrived, most of the office staff was waiting outside on the step. Dru was eager to go see the driver of the CWI. We chatted on the steps for a few minutes and entered the building where they had a sign welcoming Dru yi hui back home. The director told us he is always welcomed to come back home for a visit.

She took us to the office where they offered us HOT water...and the kids little snacks were displayed on every table in the room. I presented the director with our gifts. She was very pleased to see the toothbrushes and the toothpaste. She took us out to the next room where there were pictures of some of the children displayed on the wall. She old us about the children and showed us Dru's little friend, who is now living in America. She also talked about the one little girl who is waiting, that has syphillis. Then she took us back to the office where we had lunch together. 

The nanny's came from every direction, wanting to say bye to Hui Hui. They loved him dearly. They brought toys for him to take home. The director gave us the information on how to connect with his little friend. She gave me the one and only picture of him before his lip repair. She also asked if she could have our email address to stay  connected. I feel so fortunate that he was loved so much by these people.

This CWI has only 70 children, compared to Madisyn's 350. They took us in the baby room where my heart was broken again. I cried seeing the 6 week old baby with downs syndrome. There was a baby there with water on the brain and there were other babies whose needs were not visible. I wanted to pick them up and love on them, but I didn't. I did touch them and cried. I smoothed the head of the one baby, as tears filled her eyes. Me and Jason's heart shattered to pieces together, feeling so helpless. I love children and seeing these children and can't help it, it breaks this mama's heart.

Dru is only the second adoption this orphanage has completed this year.

Feeling so blessed tonight...... 


















No comments: