Saturday, February 7, 2015

Miss Diva recovering from p-flap surgery-

 Miss diva recovering from her p-flap surgery. This little girl is the bravest little girl I have ever known. She walked into the OR with no tears and was brave and stronger than me. I cried when I saw her with blood coming out her mouth and nose. Her face was swollen and marks on her cheeks from her mouth being forced open.One brave little peanut!
Just chillin with her Zippy and I was so happy that I brought soup and pudding with me because no else could get her to drink. I also brought chocolate almond milk and mama got the fluids in her.
feeling a little pain here, she hated asking for medication. she did not like the taste in her mouth. She cried once because she waited to long to tell us it was hurting and the pain got unbearable. I  cannot even imagine the pain.
This was today before she was discharged to come home. We played a my little pony matching game and did some colouring together. She was feeling really good here. We went for lots of walks and even went into the Ronald McDonald room where she made crafts, I had a bowl of soup  and made myself a cup of tea. This hospital is amazing!
At the Ronald McDonald room, she was given a choice of any toy in the baskets. She chose the frozen box of toys. She is playing here with my uncle peter. She calls him poppy peter. Shortly after we were told she could go home.

We are very thankful for skillful doctors and the cleft lip and palate team at McMaster.

No comments: