Thursday, March 12, 2015

Back To Mac


Saturday evening I knew something wasn't right with weeman. He wasn't able to go longer then 3 hours without pain meds and he was doing 4-6 while still in the hospital. During dinner that night, I noticed there was little blood coming out his nose. Jason had said it was doing that at the hospital and not to worry. I worry about my kids! All day sunday, we saw no blood, he was still needing the pain meds but playing, eating, drinking and being a happy boy. Sunday had gotten a lot worse. We couldn't get him to drink or eat anything. Finally I pureed watermelon and got some liquids into him, so I thought. He spit it out and there was a lot of blood. I quickly got him out of the chair and tilted his head back, and sure enough, there is a huge hole in his palate!

I didn't know what to do! I picked up the phone and called McMaster and got to chat with the surgeon on call. She asked us to try and keep him comfortable at home with pain meds until Monday, we chat with the plastic surgeon,

but if not bring him back and we will get him on pain meds there. I have been able to keep him pain free for right now.

Dr Strumas called Monday early afternoon and we chatted. He is a little concerned but not worried because it's weeman's soft palate and not the hard palate. He is going to see him tomorrow at 1:30 and we will decide what happens from here. I am hoping it's next week that this gets repaired. My nerves are just about to be frazzled more than I can handle.

I hope this works and he doesn't need more surgery for a few years.

I will post when I know more.


No comments: